Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Deliciousness!

As many people know, I am not a chef. I don't like to cook and I would prefer to live on pizza, soda, and cheese. Unfortunately for me, my family needs to eat and they don't want the same thing everyday. My twin sis (who also hates to cook and actually does let Chili's and Wendy's supply most of her meals) and I LOVE the chicken tortilla soup at Max & Erma's. We usually pair it with a giant plate of bacon cheese fries since we are obviously health nuts. Anyway, I have FINALLY found a recipe comparable to this soup and it's DELICIOUS! It also took me less than 15 minutes from beginning to end, made enough to feed 4, and for once I had leftovers that I would actually eat after a second heating. In fact, I had twice as much as my husband did and that is very rare. After dinner I called my sis, my Mom, and one of my best friends to share the recipe. I was so excited you'd have thought I popped out another kid or something. I'm still waiting on the review from Bon since my mom and sis have some irrational fear of refried beans.

So here is the recipe! It's very easy, and all but the chicken comes in a can! I suppose you could use canned chicken too and this would take you less than 10 minutes! Perfect for a fam on the go, such as mine!

Ingredients:
1 can of fat free refried beans (use regular if ya want, but they taste the same, so why not?)
2 cans diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth (I go with low sodium here because again, it tastes the same)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup of corn (I leave this out... I don't like things you eat, chew, and they end up whole again, it's incredibly weird)
Some chicken (I used chicken breast strips, 8-10 of them)

Boil chicken in the chicken broth till almost cooked through.
Remove chicken from pot.
Add refried beans, cheddar cheese soup, corn, and tomatoes w/ chilis to the pot and wisk together.
Shred the cooked chicken and throw it back in the pot.
Cook till your chicken is completely done.

Voila! It's done already!
Top with some cheese (you can never have enough cheese!) and eat with tortilla chips if you'd like.

Believe me, you'll thank me for this one!

4 comments:

Kim Caro said...

ooh sounds yum!

Azhure said...

That looks great, I will have to try it out!

and you are right...you can never have too much cheese!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it!

-10oneworld on etsy

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Yum! Makes me hungry! :)