Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Impatiently Waiting

It's like my birthday is never-ending! Last night I finally checked the mail (after my Dad made me) and found a check from him for my birthday! I love birthday money. For the longest time, I have wanted a bookbinding machine. I've bought enough notebooks on Etsy by now that I could've bought one long ago.

Last night, the time came! I finally found the one I want, that doesn't use those icky CombBind things. I wanted double-O wire spirals! I spent hours researching machines and managed to find one for half the price that all the rest were listed for. Score! I am soon to be a proud owner of a SircleBind WR-60 Manual Wire-O Binding Machine. YAY!!! I'm impatiently waiting for my tracking # so I can stalk my machine all the way to my house. I've been thinking of all kinds of crazy ways to make notebooks while still using fabric too. So. Many. Awesome. Ideas. I need to get my other sewing machine fixed so I can beat the snot out of it trying some of these ideas out. I can't wait to share! OOOHH SO MANY IDEAS!!

I made some new Slapdash Zip Wallets yesterday! Got some pics today and got em listed. I really love these with zippers! I wanted to call this one "My Precious" since I love it so much, but instead it's "All The Rage" since I didn't think it had much to do with a LOTR reference. Sure is pretty,isn't it? :)

3 comments:

Kim Caro said...

well happy bday and horray for money!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new gadget!.. cant wait to see what you make when it arrives.. doesn't the anticipation kill ya?!.. Im a terrible waiter! How nice of dad! - Now if he would only send enough for a serger right? ;) One of these days im gonna take the plunge! New wallet is super-uber cute!..

Delainie said...

Thanks Kim!

Erika- Thanks! I really am dying of anticipation! The UPS guy usually comes around 5, so I've got 20 more minutes if it's really coming today. If I could save I'd have that serger by now... but I live an instant gratification life, what can I say?