Monday, June 1, 2009

My First Show!

My first show of the summer went pretty well! It was a first time show for the church that hosted it also, so it wasn't exactly a hopping sales venue, but I met some awesome people! There was a caricature booth right next to ours and the artist working there, Jenny Powers, was AMAZING! My husband and son stopped by with breakfast for my partner and I, and my business cards that I forgot, and she did a fantastic family caricature of us! She even does parties, so now I can't stop thinking of what kind of party I need to have that I can 'order her'. Maybe Megan's bridal shower? It would be fun! Who doesn't like a caricature??

My booth set up was pretty quick and painless. It was really windy and luckily only a few of my items blew away and I was able to catch them! I saw a couple tents topple over and helped stop one from taking off also. I sure hope it's not that windy at FSAM, I had to alter my table set up and it looked too bare this way! Wish I'd gotten a better picture!

I did an interview with ArtsyBeat.com last week that should go live today! I'll post again if it's up today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time!.. The caricature is so fun.. I can never imagine to be able to draw like that although I would love to!
~Erika

Karin Schueller said...

Love the bunting on the top... it looks fantastic! I keep trying to get myself to do something similar, but it hasn't quite happened yet, lol. Have I mentioned how much I love your blog name? It makes me smile every time I see it!