Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lifesavers

Have you ever had someone in your life that is just always there at the perfect time, exactly when you need them, without even having to call? I do. I met her nearly 3 years ago and I'm blessed to spend a few days of every week with her family, keeping them safe, sound, happy, and fed. Her and I do most of our "hanging out" through the phone, when she calls to check on the kids, plus our 20 minutes in the morning before she rushes off to work. A few weeks ago she showed up at my FSAM show. She was shopping with her mom and the kids, but she took over my booth for 15 minutes so I could meet some of my Etsy West Michigan Team that was at the show. In that 15 minutes I was able to meet some amazing artists, spend some money on cool stuff, and come back to find out she was selling things like crazy! Then last night, at my Grandpa's funeral, she appeared again. Like an angel she showed up as I was dragging my screaming child out of the funeral parlor, tears streaming down my face, and my husband following behind us with a "kid, quit doing this to your mother" look on his face. She had come to pay her condolences to my dad, which she quickly did, then whisked away my kid so fast to spend some time at her house. WHY did I take a 4 year old to a funeral? Who the hell knows. Lesson learned. Don't do it. And if you do, don't be so overwhelmed with the situation that you don't think to bring ANYTHING to occupy him. Somehow in my moment of grief I thought that a small ziploc of cheerios was going to keep my kid busy for hours. Ha. Haven't I ever met this kid? I know better than that. He gladly left with Ami, I think he's either sick of seeing, or just plain confused, why Mommy keeps crying this week. She was truly a lifesaver by taking him off my hands for a couple hours so I could grieve with my family like I needed to. My Grandpa was such a special man, we're all going to miss him dearly. I don't know how Ami does it, but she always shows up when I need her most. I must be doing something right to have people in my life like her! Thanks Ami!

On a sidenote... I will be at FSAM again this Sunday! (Fulton Street Artisans Market) It is located in Grand Rapids on Fulton and Fuller. My twin sis has offered to help me out with my booth too! We'll be there from 11-3 so come on down and see us! I'll be taking custom orders for Ninja Pants, and I'll have everything from my Etsy site, along with a few other things that have yet to be listed! Last time I was at FSAM I learned that I'm becoming known as 'The Pants Lady' so come on down and order a pair! Mention this blog and I'll give you $5 off or free shipping! Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

DesignsByLashelle said...

you have an awesome friend, Delainie! Hugz to you!

Jennadesigns said...

Isn't it wonderful to have friends like that? You're a lucky girl!

I'm sorry for your loss - hugs and hang in there!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to have such a great person in your life!..
~erika