Thursday, July 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye

This week my family lost a wonderful man. After 2 years of sickness and continous hospital visits and nursing home stays, my Grandpa King has passed away. He was an amazing man and we will all miss him dearly. It's been a long time coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm just glad every one of us had a chance to go see him before he passed. My family is too great. We didn't just sit in his hospital room and cry. We shared memories, stories, laughs, and tears. We celebrated the time we've had with him and got to say goodbye. It was his choice not to be resusitated, and we respected that even though it is so hard to let someone go. They took him off dialysis and kept him comfortable and out of pain. He was surrounded by people that love him when he went. It has been a very long week for us all. I want to thank everyone that sent prayers, thoughts, and condolences to me through this blog, Twitter, Etsy, Facebook, Myspace, and everywhere else. It's a great feeling to know he's touched so many lives through the years, I'm very lucky to have had him in my life for 28 yrs! I had planned to write a much more heartfelt blog about this, but I'm just too cried-out and exhausted to do that now.

Again thank you to everyone for your friendship and support. *huge bear hugs to you all*

I wonder if he's got all the angels in heaven eating fruitcake toast?

No comments: