Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!!

Once upon a time I had this blog, and then I got all busy and neglected it. I'm back to update all of you, who I'm sure are just dying to find out where I've been -haha.

Remember that article the Kalamazoo Gazette did on me? Well it went up online a while back accidentally, and finally went to print last week. I was under the impression that it was going to be in The Ticket, which is the free entertainment section that comes out on Thursdays. Imagine my surprise when I saw it on THE FRONT PAGE!!! OMG!!

Seriously, how awesome is that?!

The article took up nearly a whole page with beautiful, colorful pictures too! Rumor has it, someone went straight to I Heart Ipanema (one of the local shops I sell at), paper in hand, and bought up my stuff already! The store doesn't even open until Friday! Thanks K-zoo Gazette, you really rocked my socks off this month.

See this sewing machine? It is my new nemesis. It's like a boyfriend thats lost his appeal. He's been around a while and isn't acting how he should, and you have to eventually kick him to the curb. Or send him to the shop and see if they can fix him. Oh if only, there were a boyfriend/husband repair shop....

See that covered up awesomeness in the background? That's my new best bud. She showed up just in time to help me out in a pinch. That one has to be like a girlfriend, seeing as I don't really know how to work her yet, and it's so much more amazing than the 'boyfriend' machine. My stepmom-in-law sent it to me. It's not just any ol machine either... it's an embroidery machine! I never thought I'd own one and I'm beyond excited that I do. I let her sit there for a week because she was intimidating, but I took her out and learned some things last night. I already embroidered!! I think my husband is hiding his things because pretty soon damn near everything in this house is bound to have intials in pretty italic letters.

We've spent a lot of time outside. Walking, swinging, just hanging out. I love spring, but I sure don't get much work done!

See this crazy dog? She's fitting into our family perfectly! I have to keep that curtain up at all times now since she shredded it while freaking out about other people using her sidewalk. She's learning to walk without dragging me down the street and she hasn't eaten my kid's face yet, so I call this one a win-win.

My latest crochet project, a work in progress, for a dear friend of mine. She's having a baby soon, and is decorating his nursery in veggies of all things. She's having a hard time finding veggie items that aren't vintage glass - not really baby friendly - so I had to work some magic. This may be the first time I've loved broccoli! Also, that eggplant is purple, it just won't photograph that way. I've got an ear of corn that really comes out of the husk in the works and a few others done too! I'm so tempted to whip up a bottle of ranch to go with these....

I've got a ton more to say, but that will have to wait. There are Ninja Pants waiting for me to make them! Stay tuned, and thanks for sticking around!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

congrats on that article!