Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jug Bands and BBQ

The very talented Moomee posted a forum thread on Etsy tonight that reminded me of ..... wait for it..... EMMET OTTER'S JUGBAND CHRISTMAS! I used to watch this movie every year at my Grandma's house around Christmas. The last few years have been, well, frustrating for me when it comes to family. I love them all so much and I rarely get to see any of them. Changes of venue and dates and times and kids and other sides of the family and blah, blah, blah, means that I never get to see everyone anymore. I miss all being at Grandma and Grandpa's crowded into the living room opening presents with Emmet Otter twangin away in the background.

If you've never seen Emmet Otter, you are truly missing out. If you do see Emmet Otter and you think I'm a nut, I have many other movie recommendations that you won't like either :) Which reminds me, I haven't seen The Last Unicorn in ages...

Here's a clip! I picked this one because it's called Barbeque, and I've been eating BBQ and mac-n-cheese like crazy lately. It's just so damn good when it's all cold outside! I love you Emmet Otter!

No comments: