Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dental Nightmare, Armhair, and Wallets

I can't believe I forgot to blog my amazing dentist freak out on Tuesay! If that dentist never sees me again, I bet it'd be too soon.

I went in and got my last 2 cavities filled. What an amazing feat to not have any cavities till I'm 27! Avoiding the dentist at all costs for many years will do that for ya- haha. Anyway, a few weeks ago I had the other 2 filled and lived through that just fine. She even bonded my 2 front teeth so they didn't have any discoloration anymore from the braces I had long ago. I am so very happy with my new front teeth! So, going in this time I really wasn't that scared. It was my 4th time there in less than 2 months, so it's ebcoming second nature. In fact I was able to walk into her office and not gag at that dentist office-y smell. I sat in the chair without that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach making me think that as soon as I open my mouth I will yak on her. Didn't happen. Yay! Am I finally a big girl?! No. She gave me the big fat shot in my mouth to numb me up. I close my eyes. Needles don't bother me that much as long as I never see it and don't get a warning. Just stab me and be done with it. I open my eyes. OMG OMG OMG OMG I SEE DOUBLE! 2 OF EVERYTHING! OMG OMG OMG WHAT DID YOU DO?!! OMFG OMG OMG OMG! Yes I really said everything you see here in caps. Freaking out. Wow. I do not freak out about things. Maybe internally, but I rarely let it out. This scared the snot out of me. I didn't think about that drill for one second. I just tried to keep my eyes closed and not freak out any more than I already was. Within 45 minutes my vision went back to normal. Apparently this happens if you hit a facial nerve when giving this numbing shot. I don't care how normal it is, I am officially scared shitless of the dentist all over again. I don't ever want to go back.

I wallowed in self pity most of the night eating hummus with a baby spoon since I couldn't open my mouth. What a sad state of affairs.

Also, an arm hair update. It's been 4 or 5 days and my arms are kinda pokey. I almost broke down and Smooth Away-ed my legs today. I hope my arm hair grows back soon though. My hubby says I'm probably more aerodynamic and IF I could swim it would really help me out. Isn't he a love? He wouldn't let me Smooth Away his eyebrows off either, what fun is he?!

I made some new wallets the other night! I found a great Alexander Henry print at the fabric store and I just had to have it. I've made 2 wallets so far with it, one for me, and one that sold within an hour of listing it on Etsy! Here's a peek at the latest!

2 comments:

Gabriel Girl said...

Lordy, dental visits are the worst. Makes me happy to have all of my wisdom teeth out :)

I saw that you're following my blog. Glad to know you! I have a lot of fun, and I always enjoy meeting new friends.

Anonymous said...

haha well.. I am 27 too.. go figure!.. and have had more cavities than i can possibly count.. have a terrible sweet tooth.. can scrub them forever but always end up with one after another.. they say its something that is passed through the family.. who knows!.. never had the whole double vision thing happen.. yikes!!.. how scary is that!.. at least you got it over with!.. I was at the dentist on tuesday as well getting one drilled.. eck! haha
arm hair coming back already?.. ahha dont they gaurantee those things to last longer than that?..
The new wallets look great!.. have a great weekend..