Tuesday, June 16, 2009

RIP Canon Powershot, I Miss You Already.

Can I come here and cry a minute? I have yet to cry real tears about this, but I'm sure they are on their way. 2 yrs ago my hub bought me a new digital camera. I did tons of research and asked specifically for this camera when he asked what I wanted. I am in love with it. Seriously. If you didn't think you could love an inanimate object, I'm living proof. I am IN LOVE with my camera.

2 yr olds by nature are impatient and excitable. I told the little one I nanny for that she could take a picture of me since she asked so sweetly. She grabbed that camera out of my hand so fast it went crashing to the ground. The lens is all bent up, a piece broke off, and it won't close.

I called around and starting rate for opening it up and LOOKING at it is around $200. I'm cheap frugal, so I ran to Walmart and bought the teensiest screwdriver I could find, and some superglue. My poor little camera. May you rest in peace. Or pieces, since I already took you apart and I'm failing at fixing you.

*sniffle*

On the upside... Look how much fun we were having right before the camera got broken! It's a regular ol dance party around here. The kids also love my skirt today. They say I look like a princess. And my son thinks it doubles as a garage and keeps parking his cars under me. I've now been begged to make Ali a tiny size skirt like mine- in blue. Lord knows she will not forget either.

5 comments:

thatissocute said...

oh, what a bummer!

Jennifer said...

That sucks. Glad you were having fun before it happened.

Celina said...

Oh man, that really stinks! I dropped my Powershot last year and I cried lots of real tears about it! You are being very brave!

Sarah_Momto4Boys said...

Oh I'm so sorry that you camera is broken! I understand the love between a person and their camera. Sometimes it's more than between a wife and her husband...camera's never talk back, they never complain and they always do what you tell them to. I hope you can get it fixed or get a new one!

Val said...

That sucks girl! But the skirt IS cute... Anna likes it too!